Friday, April 1, 2011

Shopped 'Til I Dropped

Well, I've pretty much been shopping for 2 days straight at the Mid-West Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati. What a job to try to think through what we lost and what needs tobe replaced! The hardest thing has been trying to remember all the shelves full of children's books that we had collected over the years...especially the antique ones that my granny used to read to me when I was little. But the Lord has been my constant help and He has so very graciously shown me what a gift He has given us through this opportunity to start all over in building a curriculum from the ground up with the benefit of 20 years of experience behind us PLUS His leading in some new directions. Our curriculum is going to look very different than it has ever looked before with the primary emphasis being on family discipleship. Saw Tim Hawkins in action and laughed 'til I had tears in my eyes. Very, very funny!!! Nathan really picked up on his joke about it not being unusual to see a homeschool mom talking to herself...she's just having a parent/teacher conference. :-) Ended the evening by talking to Michelle and Anna Duggar. Anna is Joshua's (the oldest Duggar son) wife. Both ladies were so very warm and easy to talk to. I'll try to get pictures up the first of the week. My prayer for each of you this evening comes from Colossians 1 verse 9, "We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives...". By His grace, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment