Thursday, August 18, 2011

Surprise Gift from the Lord

Don't you just love those times when the Lord gives you a surprise love gift out of the blue??? Today was one of those days for me and I am so grateful.

As a foster mom, one of the things dearest to my heart is an opportunity to receive an update on one of the little people that has graced our lives over the years. Those opportunities are so valued because they are VERY rare.

Those of you who know us in real life know that we had the privilege of caring for a precious tiny angel named Baby "A" last summer. She was very dear to us and we all treasured her. After she had been with us from the age of 6 weeks until about 14 weeks, she was securely placed with her loving aunt and uncle. We have not seen her from that day'til this, except for a picture that her aunt e-mailed a couple of months ago.

Guess who was walking out of Children's Hospital today as I was walking in??? Baby "A" and her aunt!!! Only my loving Heavenly Father could have arranged that timing for me. :-)

We had a lovely visit and I came away so blessed by this totally unexpected gift.

His love for us knows no bounds. He delights to bring joy to our hearts. Oh, that we would have that same level of desire to bless His heart.

By His grace,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment