Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Love Gift from Jesus

I worked on preparing bills to mail whilst the little boys painted wooden helicopter parts. Note to self: better to spread a huge drop cloth when little boys paint than to rely on a simple paper grocery bag to contain the mess. Nathan worked with Brian again all day and Rachel went with Emily to learn a little Spanish and help clean house.

Mom graciously came over yet again and took Faith, Drew and Jon to lunch at McDonald's with time at the PlayPlace afterwards. So fun for them and gave me a chance to run several errands.

Found a bird feeding station at Aldi's that I had spotted in their weekly ad. Also picked up some more seed packets for 10 cents each at Sutherlands and a couple more raised bed kits at Big Lots. I just have to be able to grow something even if it isn't my regular garden this year. :-)

But the big find of the day for me was at Tractor Supply! Just 2 days before the fire, I had purchased a wall hanging which read, "Children are God's flower buds just waiting to open." I placed it on the wall right beside our front door so that anyone coming into our home would know how we feel about each child's potential. Guess what I found at the Circleville store today??? You guessed it...that very plaque!!! It was the only one like it left. Jesus saved it just for me. :-)

I leave you with this nugget from His Word: "Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."

By His grace,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment