Friday, March 18, 2011

The Lord Is My Rock

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior...In my distress I called to the Lord; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears." II Samuel 22:2&3, 7, 19b and 20


Truly He is our Rock...our very firm foundation in the storm...our source of peace that passes all understanding. We are resting in Him. :-)


I was able to stay home all day today. Woo hoo!!! Several angels passed in and out through the doors. One came to organize the pantry, do laundry and organize the boys' room. Another worked on sorting, labeling and putting into bins the mountain of clothing in the garage. One of my computer heroes loaded software, fixed the printer and explained a little more of the mystery of blogging. A sweet baby gave herself and was a minister of encouragement as she let me hold her and spilled a bubbling brook of laughter throughout the house. Still another precious soul ran errands and made needful purchases. Delicious pizza and salad appeared right on time for supper. A person I had never met before brought homeschool supplies, curriculum, toiletries, toys and games. Someone came and took Faith and Rachel for a delightful outing.


How very, very blessed we surely are!!!


Tomorrow the kids are headed to COSI for the day. Some of them have never been there so it will be quite an adventure. :-)


Mark & I are planning to work here at the house until time to head out to 4H meeting in the evening.


Meanwhile, bits and pieces of our former life continue to surface at the site. Today, an antique ax head, a china doll head, 2 china doll arms and 1 china leg were found.


I'll leave you with a happy picture before I fall asleep typing.


No comments:

Post a Comment