Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blessed by a Special Gift


Sometimes we think that what we do is of little significance. The mechanic may "just" be fixing a car. A teacher "just" teaches the same concept one more time. Some farmer "just" works the ground and plants the next crop.




But the Word says that, "God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them."




Today He gave me a BIG love gift and it came via the Verizon salesman "just" doing his job serving a customer. I came away from the store with a car charger (so that I am not halfway through the day & have a dead phone because I am using it so much), a bluetooth headset (so that I don't wreck the SUV trying to drive one handed becaue I am constantly on the phone with one thing after another these days), a phone for Faith so that she has some means to communicate to the outside world when Mark & I both have to be gone and she is watching the others; no land line in the rental house), a microSD card (so that I can take pictures with my phone when needed and then transfer them to the computer) AND.....................


some pictures that I had on my cell phone which included this one of Abby and Faith!!! Woo hoo!!! What a blessing to see that sweet little pug face!!! (And might I add that I am so proud of myself for figuring out how to get a picture from my cell phone microSD chip to the blog post...even if it is sideways!)



  • Because I am longing for my bed, you all are going to get bullet points for the rest of this post:

  • A divine appointment sitting at the dog pound from 5:30A - 10:15A (but that's another post in and of itself)

  • Very teary while explaining to the dog warden and the Humane Society that Abby, Cocoa and the 2 birds died in the fire

  • Stopped by the appliance store to start the process of picking out new appliances so the owner can get a price quote for insurance

  • Stopped by the furniture store to give them a heads up about needing to do the same thing with them

  • Grabbed a shredded chicken sandwich and coke on the run for lunch

  • Went to the post office to get stamps for thank you notes

  • Visited the county auditor's office to fill out their form required for total losses

  • Purchased thank notes at Christian book store so I can get started with what will be a BIG job...we are so, so very blessed!!!

  • Bought groceries with a voucher from Charity Newsies

  • Visited our burnt kitty at the vet...needless to say, he was very glad to see a familiar face. :-) The most pitiful part is seeing how painful his little burnt paws are to him. :-(

  • Unloaded groceries at home and had just a little while before Mark got home, supper was delivered and more visitors arrived with additional donations.

  • Enjoyed the first meal with all of us around the table at the same time since last Friday (although I was falling asleep with my head in my hands while my beloved was trying to lead family devotions).

May I leave you all with this challenge?? Consider..."But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." Genesis 9:16


Are YOU allowing His power to be revealed in you that His matchless Name might be proclaimed in all the earth???



By His grace,


Chris for all the crew


P.S. I promise I'll try really hard tomorrow to write the story of what happened to us just 1 week ago...the day our lives changed forever.

1 comment:

  1. Did you find a dog needing some Arni loving? As for the photo, you did great! When you saved the picture to your computer you would have to go in and rotate it then resave that photo to upload. I've had some sideways photos myself until Ethan showed me how to do this.

    ReplyDelete